Sunday, August 31, 2008

End to another weekend ........into Monday Morning blues :(

So here comes the unceremonious end to another weekend - cool, relaxed and uneventful........Overall it was good with some shopping and eating out on Saturday. Had been to the State Emporia near CP, though pretty ordinary event otherwise - but this place is little nostalgic for me. We used to frequent these for shopping back in 90-91, when I was in Faridabad. And then discovered the Saravana Bhavan nearby. I knew there is branch tucked in somewhere around - but was not sure. The wait in the queue for around 5-6 minutes was every bit worth it. The Rawa Dosa and Uttapam we had accompanied by heavenly chutneys, is unquestionable the best ever...

And Sunday was more relaxed - decided to try my culinary skills on my poor parents :-) Mostly in my weekend culinary adventures I am accompanied by one of my many cookbooks (Sanjeev Kapoor, Tarla Dalal, Nita Mehta- my favourites), gathering all ingredients together and following all instructions to the T. This week, for a change I decided to give them a miss and attempt something on my own - for a difference. So the menu was decided on Saturday night - Fish Pulao or Biriyani accompanied by a simple raita. Somehow I could not decide between Pulao and Biriyani - and was weighing the pros and cons of the options for quite some time - over dinner on Saturday/post dinner over my blogging session/ Monday morning over breakfast etc etc :) and finally - the decision - go ahead with Pulao !!!!!!!

Mom made a lovely breakfast of Egg Noodles, and then I ventured into the kitchen....and Finally after some relaxed leisurely time in the kitchen the Pulao : with fried marinated rohu fish pieces in aromatic basmati rice was ready ....and also a simple cucumber-onion-tomato-raita with powdered fried cumin ......it turned up to my satisfaction levels .....

1 comment:

Sucharita Sarkar said...

Felt really good when I read your blog. Almost as if I was present with you and mashi overseeing the biriyani preparations. Only sad fact is that I could not taste it!